For 45 years, Pacific Peoples’ Partnership has supported the aspirations of South Pacific Islanders and Indigenous peoples for peace, environmental sustainability, social justice and community development.
Based on Lekwungen territories in Victoria BC, Canada, we are Canada’s only non-profit organization and registered charity focused specifically on the island nations of the South Pacific. Our programs reach members and supporters in more than 20 countries worldwide.
Empowered people and thriving communities across the Pacific.
Actively working with Indigenous People’s and South Pacific Islanders towards
peace, justice, environmental sustainability, and community led development.
North-South Indigenous knowledge exchanges are central to our work. We facilitate ongoing knowledge exchange opportunities between Indigenous communities in Canada, New Zealand and Australia, and Pacific Islanders from Melanesia, Polynesia and Micronesia. Read more about our approach here.
We value an open process of multi-stakeholder dialogue through country-based thematic, regional, grassroots, and global consultations. PPP works as part of the team to help define common principles and goals within the countries we work with. We work in partnership to achieve those goals and principles. Above all, PPP values respect in every aspect of social and business interaction. We practice respect through commitment to the following values:
- PPP promotes human rights and social justice.
- PPP embodies gender equality and equity while promoting women’s rights.
- PPP focuses on people’s empowerment, democratic ownership, and participation.
- PPP promotes environmental sustainability.
- PPP practices transparency and accountability.
- PPP pursues equitable partnerships and solidarity.
- PPP creates and shares knowledge appropriately and is committed to mutual learning.
- PPP is committed to realizing positive sustainable change.
There are many ways that you can get involved with our mission. Consider membership, partnership or volunteer opportunities today.
Statements and Reports